President Muhammadu Buhari has effect a sweeping change at the Nigerian National Petroleum Commission, NNPC.
This follows his appointment of Mele Kolo Kyari as a replacement for Maikanti Baru.
A statement by the NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs,. Ndu Ughamadu, stated that President Buhari also appointed alongside Kyari, seven new Chief Operating Officers.
Until his new appointment, Kyari, a geologist, was Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC and also doubled, since 13th May, 2018, as Nigeria’s National Representative to the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC.
President Buhari has directed that the New GMD and the newly appointed Chief Operating Officers work with the current occupiers of the various offices till 7th July, 2019 towards a smooth transition on 8th July 2019 when their appointments would take effect to ensure a smooth transition.
But, the appointment of Mr. Farouk Garba Said (North West), who is replacing a retiring Chief Operating Officer, is effective from 28th June, 2019.
Below is the list of the newly appointed Chief Operating Officers
1. Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream
2. Engr. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals
3. Engr. Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas and Power
4. Ms. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures
5. Mr. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer
6. Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream and
7. Mr. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.
Oct 30, 2015 0
May 03, 2018 0
Jul 18, 2019 0