Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect
    • Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll
    • Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement
    • Ikpeshi Elders Petition Edo Governor Over Chieftaincy Dispute, Arrests
    • Ijora Residents In Darkness As Collapsed Crane Injures Three People
    • Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition
    • Ogun Police Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims, Arrest 38 Suspects
    • IPC Executive Director Lanre Arogundade Assumes IFEX Leadership Roles As Deputy Convenor, Governance Committee Member
    • Home
    • Human Rights
    • Politics
    • The Judiciary
      • From The Court
    • Health
    • Sport
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    Casefile NigeriaCasefile Nigeria
    Subscribe
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • Human Rights
    • Politics
    • The Judiciary
      • From The Court
    • Health
    • Sport
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    Home»Slider

    CP Apologises To GOC For Mistakenly Parading Robbery Suspect As Serving Soldier

    FunkeBy FunkeJanuary 23, 2021 Slider No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Commissioner of Police, Ondo State Police Command, CP Salami Amidu Bolaji has apologised to the military authority in Ondo State over the mistaken parade of one Innocent Victor alongside a Police constable, as NO. 224751, CPL Innocent Victor of 32 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Owena Cantonment, Akure in a case of suspected robbery and conspiracy.

    The event took place on January 21, 2021 at the Police Headquarters, Igbatoro road Akure.

    CP Bolaji said after his series of interviews with the Investigating Police Officer in charge of the case before the parade, he was told that everything including enquiries with 32 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Owena, had been concluded and suspect cleared and handed over to the Police for investigation and possible prosecutorial process.

    However it was discovered, only after the parade that the said CPL Innocent Victor was never and had never been a soldier at all.

    CP Salami said with a deep sense of humility, he regrets the unfortunate parade of the suspect as a Soldier of 32, Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, having known now that he was never one but a fake. 

    He therefore appealed  to the authority of the Nigerian Army, officers, soldiers and especially the GOC, 32 Artillery Brigade, an officer he sees as his reliable and conspicuous partner in the business of providing adequate and watertight security to the good people of Ondo State to see this as a complete human error that will not occur again.

    CP Amidu Bolaji expressed the hope that the synergy between the Nigeria Police, Ondo State Command, the Nigerian Army, 32 Artillery Brigade and other Security agencies in the State, including the most recent entrant, Amotekun will provide relationship needed to flush out crimes in the State

    A statement signed by the Command Public Relations Officer, Teo-Leo Ikoro said CP Salami has disclosed that the IPO who misled the Command into believing that he has done all the needful before the parade has been defaulted and he is now facing disciplinary action.

    Speaking further, CP Salami said this mistake has come and has gone, but his occupational and professional relationship with the GOC, 32 Artillery Brigade to provide adequate security to the good people of the Sunshine State of Ondo  stands tall above everything else and once again seeks the understanding of the GOC, his Officers and Soldiers to pass the mistake into their dustbin.

    Funke

    Keep Reading

    Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect

    Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll

    Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement

    Ikpeshi Elders Petition Edo Governor Over Chieftaincy Dispute, Arrests

    Ijora Residents In Darkness As Collapsed Crane Injures Three People

    Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    • EDITORS PICKS

    Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition

    August 10, 2026

    Ogun Police Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims, Arrest 38 Suspects

    August 10, 2026

    Oyo School Kidnap: Court Jails Three Terror Convicts For Life

    July 23, 2026

    See Video Of Massive Discovery Of 558,900 Pills Of Tramadol Hidden In The False Bottom Of Trailers From Togo To Nigeria

    July 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    EPOST

    Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect

    August 13, 2026

    Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll

    August 13, 2026

    Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement

    August 13, 2026

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.