Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Campaign Council: Tinubu Names Betta Edu Director Of Women Mobilisation For 2027 Presidential Election
    • Why The “Road Safety And You” Project Matters To Every Nigerian
    • Safe Driving: Dangote Transport Unveils Novel Real-Time Driver Monitoring Control Room
    • Lagos Police Command Arrests Suspected Vandals In Connection With Vandalism Of Coastal Road, Third Mainland Bridge
    • Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect
    • Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll
    • Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement
    • Ikpeshi Elders Petition Edo Governor Over Chieftaincy Dispute, Arrests
    • Home
    • Human Rights
    • Politics
    • The Judiciary
      • From The Court
    • Health
    • Sport
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    Casefile NigeriaCasefile Nigeria
    Subscribe
    Saturday, August 22
    • Home
    • Human Rights
    • Politics
    • The Judiciary
      • From The Court
    • Health
    • Sport
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    Home»Top Stories

    NAPTIP Launches Manhunt For Trans-border Human Trafficker

    FunkeBy FunkeSeptember 10, 2022 Top Stories No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, has launched a massive manhunt for a notorious trans-border human trafficking suspect and her accomplices.

    The alledged prime suspect simply known as Nkiru and her accomplices are being wanted over the disappearance of a 16-year-old girl and her son from a community in Anambra State. 

    According to NAPTIP, the suspect is believed to be based in Ghana from where she recruits victims from remote villages in Nigeria.

    Presently, the Director General of the anti-human trafficking agency, Dr. Fatima Waziri-Azi has also directed an increased surveillance and round the clock monitoring of one of the suspects in the case, Mr. Nwankama Nzube popularly known as Zuma, who was suspected to have facilitated the recruitment and transportation of the victim to Ghana.

    The directive from the authourities followed the reaction of the people of Awka-Etiti, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State over the release of a suspect, Mr. Nwankama Nzube by the Anambra State Command of the Agency, few days ago.

    Communicating this development, Adekoye Vincent, the Press Officer, NAPTIP informed journalists that the alledged accomplice was release on bail after two weeks at the detention facility to assist the Agency in tracing the whereabouts of the victims and the fleeing trafficker.

    The agency futher explained the background of the incidence, noting that a suspected case of organising foreign travel which promotes prostitution was transferred to the Agency by the Anambra State Police Command last month with the suspect, Mr. Nwakama Nzube.

    Adekoye said the suspect was apprehended by the Community Vigilance of Etiti, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State and handed over to the Police on the suspicion that the victim was his girlfriend and he was the last person seen with her.

    The agency disclosed that investigation reveled that the suspect admitted that the trafficker approached him at a shopping mall in Nnewi and requested for a girl that will work in her Bar in Ghana.

    The suspect said such request prompted him to recruit the victim for her, NAPTIP’s press officer stated, adding that the victim was said to have travelled with her three months old boy and nothing has been heard about her since then.

    The Director General assured the Community and other Stakeholders that the Agency in collaboration with other sister law enforcement agencies will continue to work assiduously towards locating and rescuing the victim and her baby as well as track and arrest the perpetrators.
    Dr. Fatima Waziri – Azi added that the Agency will not hesitate to revoke the bail granted the Nigeria – based suspect should there be any reported case of breach or any reprisal action that tend to endanger the lives of the people of the Community. 
    The Director General urged the Community to join hands with NAPTIP by providing useful information that will aid the investigation and rescue of the victims.   

    Funke

    Keep Reading

    Campaign Council: Tinubu Names Betta Edu Director Of Women Mobilisation For 2027 Presidential Election

    Why The “Road Safety And You” Project Matters To Every Nigerian

    Safe Driving: Dangote Transport Unveils Novel Real-Time Driver Monitoring Control Room

    Lagos Police Command Arrests Suspected Vandals In Connection With Vandalism Of Coastal Road, Third Mainland Bridge

    Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect

    Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    • EDITORS PICKS

    Lagos Police Command Arrests Suspected Vandals In Connection With Vandalism Of Coastal Road, Third Mainland Bridge

    August 20, 2026

    Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition

    August 10, 2026

    Ogun Police Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims, Arrest 38 Suspects

    August 10, 2026

    Oyo School Kidnap: Court Jails Three Terror Convicts For Life

    July 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    EPOST

    Campaign Council: Tinubu Names Betta Edu Director Of Women Mobilisation For 2027 Presidential Election

    August 22, 2026

    Why The “Road Safety And You” Project Matters To Every Nigerian

    August 22, 2026

    Safe Driving: Dangote Transport Unveils Novel Real-Time Driver Monitoring Control Room

    August 21, 2026

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.