Lagos SDP Guber Candidate, Kunle Uthman Denies Endorsing Sanwo-Olu
The Social Democratic Party Governorship candidate in Lagos, Kunle Uthman has denied the trending news that he has stepped down for the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
The news spread on Tuesday that some gubernatorial election candidates have endorsed the Sanwo-Olu for the Saturday Governorship Election.
But in a swift reaction, Uthman said he is not part of the arrangement.
He strongly advised the APC in Lagos to desist from peddling rumours forthwith.
“On most news, electronic and social media yesterday, the APC widely circulated falsehood, lies, unsustainable deceit to the public-at-large, being the hallmark of the Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration, that i have stepped down for the APC Candidate in the forthcoming Gubernatorial Elections in Lagos State.”
“On my part, i did my best possible to affirmatively and unequivocally douse the frenzy published, and that it is not in the character of the members, contestants, leadership or myself to be desperate and fraudulent, CRIMINALLY DECEIVING THE LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEDIA,” he added.
Below is his rebuttal
15th March, 2023.
Ladies & Gentlemen.
RE: CHIEF TAOFEEK OLAKUNLE UTHMAN (SDP) GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE IN LAGOS STATE WILL NEVER STEP DOWN FOR BABAJIDE SANWO-OLU (APC). PUBLICATION OF FAKE NEWS IS CRIMINAL.
On most news, electronic and social media yesterday, the APC widely circulated falsehood, lies, unsustainable deceit to the public-at-large, being the hallmark of the Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration, that i have stepped down for the APC Candidate in the forthcoming Gubernatorial Elections in Lagos State.
In addition, was the publication that the SDP Lagos State has endorsed Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu in the forthcoming Saturday Elections.
On my part, i did my best possible to affirmatively and unequivocally douse the frenzy published, and that it is not in the character of the members, contestants, leadership or myself to be desperate and fraudulent, CRIMINALLY DECEIVING THE LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEDIA.
Some seemingly and supposedly responsible media houses, presumably for huge financial gratification and monetary reward did not perform due diligence, but will accuse others of publication of FAKE NEWS. THIS LIE IS FAKE! FAKE!! FAKE!!!
For the record, the SDP:
1. As a political party, the SDP, Lagos State and everywhere is not desperate to corrupt the elections and the electoral process.
2. The determination to desecrate the traditional institution by the APC is manifest in the “DANCE OF SHAME” and frenzy in the matter of Olori Oba Epe, Morenike Abeni Animashaun.
As far as we, as a political party are concerned, this matter is good riddance to bad rubbish.
3. Why will the APC, Lagos State and Babajide Sanwo-Olu, its Gubernatorial Candidate be desperate, cruel and irresponsible, as a government publish FAKE NEWS KNOWING IT TO BE UNTRUE, FALSE AND FAKE?
4. Saturday is Elections Day. Let the people choose whomsoever they want as their Governor and House of Assembly members. This is indeed their perogative.
A government that had performed need not display criminal tendencies or publish FAKE NEWS.
Appallingly POOR PERFORMANCE apparently defines BABAJIDE SANWO-OLU and his administration in Lagos State the last four (4) years and throughout his tenure.
5. The SDP in Lagos State and nationally is building itself as a purpose oriented political party and winning Elections by crooked, irresponsible, falsehood or FAKE NEWS is not part of our DNA.
Therefore, the APC, Lagos State and its incumbent Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu should desist from political meddlesomeness in the affairs of SDP, Lagos State or any other political party.
It is a truism that Democracy is the government of the people for the people and by the people. May the best candidate emerge on Saturday.
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine.
Chief Taofeek Olakunle Uthman, [Barrister and Solicitor (Jagunmolu of Ibesheland)
Social Democratic Party Gubernatorial Candidate, Lagos State)].