Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect
    • Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll
    • Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement
    • Ikpeshi Elders Petition Edo Governor Over Chieftaincy Dispute, Arrests
    • Ijora Residents In Darkness As Collapsed Crane Injures Three People
    • Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition
    • Ogun Police Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims, Arrest 38 Suspects
    • IPC Executive Director Lanre Arogundade Assumes IFEX Leadership Roles As Deputy Convenor, Governance Committee Member
    • Home
    • Human Rights
    • Politics
    • The Judiciary
      • From The Court
    • Health
    • Sport
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    Casefile NigeriaCasefile Nigeria
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, August 19
    • Home
    • Human Rights
    • Politics
    • The Judiciary
      • From The Court
    • Health
    • Sport
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    Home»Top Stories

    Retired General Rabe Dies In Captivity

    FunkeBy FunkeJune 13, 2026 Top Stories No Comments4 Mins Read
    General Rabe
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Katsina State Government has announced the death of retired Major General Rabe Abubakar, who died while being held in captivity by bandits, describing the incident as a tragic loss to his family, Katsina State, and Nigeria as a whole.

    General Rabe

    In a statement issued on Saturday by the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Dr. Nasiru Mu’azu, the government confirmed that the retired General died in captivity despite sustained efforts by the state government and security agencies to secure his freedom.

    According to the statement, the retired General died in captivity from complications arising from diabetes and hypertension.

    “The Katsina State Government, with a heavy heart and deep sense of loss, wishes to inform the general public of the tragic passing of Retired Major General Rabe Abubakar,” the statement said.

    “It is with profound sadness that we confirm the General’s death while in bandits captivity. Despite the relentless and concerted efforts of the State Government and various Security Agencies to secure his safe release, the situation ended in this tragedy.”

    The government noted that the retired General died in captivity as a result of natural causes linked to his health condition and not from injuries inflicted by his abductors.

    Providing details of the circumstances surrounding the incident, the Katsina State Government said the retired General died in captivity from complications related to diabetes and hypertension.

    The statement stressed that extensive efforts had been made by the government and security agencies to secure the release of the retired military officer before his death.

    The government described the retired General’s abduction and eventual death as a significant national tragedy.

    “His abduction and subsequent death are not only a loss to his family and Katsina State but a monumental loss to the entire country,” the statement added.

    The death of the retired General has further highlighted the persistent security challenges confronting communities in Katsina State and other parts of the country affected by banditry and kidnapping.

    Governor Radda reacts

    Katsina State Governor, Malam Dikko Umaru Radda, extended condolences to the family of the deceased military officer and to Nigerians mourning the loss.

    According to the statement, the governor described the development as a “dark moment” for the state and the nation.

    “His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Katsina State Malam Dikko Umaru Radda, PhD, CON, extends his deepest condolences to the family of the late General and the country at-large,” the statement said.

    The governor further described the death of the retired General in captivity as a reminder of the urgent need for stronger collaboration in tackling insecurity and criminal activities threatening communities.

    He said the incident underscored the necessity for a collective and intensified response against criminal elements responsible for bandit attacks and kidnappings.

    The governor’s remarks come amid ongoing efforts by security agencies to curb banditry in several parts of the North-West region.

    The Katsina State Government reaffirmed its commitment to working closely with the Federal Government and security agencies to combat banditry and bring perpetrators of violent crimes to justice.

    According to the statement, authorities remain determined to ensure that those responsible for the retired General’s abduction are held accountable.

    “The Katsina State Government remains committed to working with the Federal Government and security forces to ensure that those responsible for this heinous act are brought to justice,” the statement said.

    The government also assured residents that its determination to eliminate banditry and improve security across the state remains unwavering.

    “We assure the citizens of Katsina State that our resolve to eliminate banditry and ensure the safety of all residents remains unshaken.”

    As tributes continue to pour in, the government expressed sympathy to the bereaved family and prayed for the repose of the deceased officer’s soul.

    “Our thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved family during this difficult time. May the soul of the departed Retired Major General Rabe Abdulakdir rest in eternal peace.”

    The death of the retired General in captivity has left many Nigerians mourning the loss of a senior military figure whose service to the nation spanned decades, while also renewing calls for stronger measures to address the menace of banditry and kidnapping across the country.

    Dr. Nasiru Mu'azu Katsina State Government Major General Rabe Abubakar
    Funke

    Keep Reading

    Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect

    Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll

    Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement

    Ikpeshi Elders Petition Edo Governor Over Chieftaincy Dispute, Arrests

    Ijora Residents In Darkness As Collapsed Crane Injures Three People

    Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    • EDITORS PICKS

    Lagos Police Arrest 4 Suspected Cultists, Recover Pistol, Live Ammunition

    August 10, 2026

    Ogun Police Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims, Arrest 38 Suspects

    August 10, 2026

    Oyo School Kidnap: Court Jails Three Terror Convicts For Life

    July 23, 2026

    See Video Of Massive Discovery Of 558,900 Pills Of Tramadol Hidden In The False Bottom Of Trailers From Togo To Nigeria

    July 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    EPOST

    Ocean Surge Disaster: 20 Ilaje Communities Threaten 2027 Election Boycott Over Government Neglect

    August 13, 2026

    Coalition Demands Immediate Visa Ban On Fadahunsi, Other Alleged Inciters Ahead Of Osun Poll

    August 13, 2026

    Police Appeal Ajiran Businessman’s Fundamental Rights Judgement

    August 13, 2026

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.