The mission of The CaseFile NG is defined in a set of principles written by Esther Abu—, who bought the vision in 1990. Today, they are displayed in well-developed and designed web interfaces.
The Seven Principles for the Conduct of a great Newspaper
- The first mission of a newspaper is to tell the truth as nearly as the truth may be ascertained.
- The newspaper shall tell ALL the truth so far as it can learn it, concerning the important affairs of Nigeria and the world.
- As a disseminator of the news, the paper shall observe the decencies that are obligatory upon a private gentleman.
- What it publishes shall be fit reading for the young as well as for the old.
- The newspaper’s duty is to its readers and to the public at large, and not to the private interests of its owners.
- In the pursuit of truth, the newspaper shall be prepared to make sacrifices of its material fortunes, if such course be necessary for the public good.
- The newspaper shall not be the ally of any special interest but shall be fair and free and wholesome in its outlook on public affairs and public men.
CaseFile is a communication company with the primary objective of reporting with emphasis on the judiciary, crime, security, and defense as well as human rights.