See The List Of 62 New Senior Advocates Of Nigeria
The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee, LPPC, has conferred the prestigious rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, on Wahab Shittu, Rotimi Oyedepo, and 60 other legal practitioners.
The LPPC chaired by Olukayode Ariwoola, Chief Justice of Nigeria announced the elevation of 62 senior lawyers to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria on Thursday.
The list of the new SANs was released in a statement issued by Hajo Sarki Bello, Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court and Secretary of the LPPC.
The list of lawyers comprised 9 academics and 53 advocates.
The new SANs would be inaugurated on 21st November, 2022.
Bello said “The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (LPPC) under the chairmanship of His Lordship, Hon Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, at its 154th plenary session held today 29th September, 2022, has approved the elevation of 62 legal practitioners to the Inner Bar. The rank of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) is awarded as a mark of excellence to members of the legal profession who have distinguished themselves as advocates and academics.”
The swearing-in ceremony of the 62 legal practitioners is scheduled to take place on Monday, the 21st day of November 2022.
Those to be sworn in as SAN in the advocacy category include Mohammed Abubakar, Johnson Omophe, Lawrence Oko-Jaja, Christopher Oshomegie, Sanusi Sai’d, Emmanuel Idemudia, Diri Mohammed, Oladipo Tolani, Ayodeji Omotoso, Chijioke Erondu, Ajoku Obinna, Yakubu Maikasuwa and Henry Omu among others.
While those from the academic are: Prof. Kathleen Okafor, Prof. Muhammed Abdulrazaq, Prof. Amokaye Gabriel, Prof. Ismail Olatunbosun, Prof. Abdullahi Zuru, former Dean, Faculty of Law at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Prof. Joy Ezeilo, Ass/Prof. Theodore Maiyaki, Prof. Olaide Gbadamosi and Ass/Prof. Chimezie Okorie.
Read the full list of Advocate Appointees (in order of seniority at the Bar)
- Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar, Esq.
- Johnson Tarigho Omophe Ugboduma, Esq.
- Lawrence Sunday Oko-Jaja, Esq.
- Christopher Agbomeirhe Sunday Oshomegie, Esq.
- Sanusi Olugbenga Sai’d, Esq.
- Wahab Kunle Shittu, Esq.
- Emmanuel Idemudia Oboh, Esq.
- Diri Said Mohammed, Esq.
- Oladipo Akanmu Tolani, Esq.
- Ayodeji Oyewole Omotoso, Esq
- Chijioke Ogbonna Erondu, Esq.
- Ajoku Kingsley Obinna, Esq.
- Yakubu Maikasuwa, Esq.
- Henry Eshijonam Omu, Esq.
- Dagogo Israel Iboroma, Esq.
- Joseph Ademu Akubo, Esq.
- Gozie Bertrand Obi, Esq.
- Inam Akpadiagha Wilson Esq.
- Abubakar Bature Sulu-Gambari, Esq.
- Abioye Araoye Oloyede Asanike, Esq.
- Sylvanus Tahiru, Esq.
- Bolarinwa Elijah Aidi, Esq.
- Tonye Tombere Jenewari Krukrubo, Esq.
- Aderemi Moshood Bashua, Esq.
- Kolapo Olugbenga Kolade, Esq.
- Samuel Peter Kargbo, Esq.
- Ifeanyichukwu Sylvester Obiakor, Esq.
- Olasoji Olaiya Olowolafe, Esq.
- Mutalubi Ojo Adebayo, Esq.
- Victor Odafe Ogude, Esq.
- Sulayman Olawale Ibrahim, Esq.
- Mumini Ishola Hanafi, Esq.
- Tanko Tanko Ashang, Esq.
- Damian Ohakwe Okoro, Esq.
- Andrew Mwajim Malgwi, Esq.
- Etukwu Onah, Esq.
- Adeboro Lateef Adamson, Esq.
- Bankole Joel Akomolafe, Esq.
- Kelechi Chinedum Obi, Esq.
- Andrew Osemedua Odum, Esq.
- Okoro Okechukwu Edwin, Esq.
- Godson Chukwudi Ugochukwu, Esq.
- Steven Onyechi Ononye, Esq.
- Ikani Kanu Agabi, Esq.
- Mustapha Shaba Ibrahim, Esq.
- Muizudeen Yunus Abdullahi, Esq.
- Magaji Mato Ibrahim, Esq.
- Sunusi Musa, Esq.
- Oladoyin Oluseyi Awoyale, Esq.
- Rotimi Iseoluwa Oyedepo, Esq.
- Chukwudubem Bonaventure Anyigbo, Esq.
- Lukman Oyebanji Fagbemi, Esq.
- Michael Jonathan Numa, Esq.
Academic Appointees (In order of seniority at the Bar)
1. Kathleen Ebelechukwu Okafor
2. Muhammed Taofeeq Abdulrazaq
3. Amokaye Oludayo Gabriel
4. Ismail Adeniyi Olatunbosun
5. Abdullahi Shehu Zuru
6. Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
7. Ass/Prof. Theodore Bala Maiyaki
8. Olaide Abass Gbadamosi
9. Ass/Prof. Chimezie Kingsley Okorie
The meeting further approved a new Guidelines for the conferment of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria and all matters pertaining to the rank to guide future exercises.