Health

Lagos Quaratines Six More People Over Coronavirus

Six more persons are now being quarantined in Lagos for Coronavirus according to the Lagos State Government on Wednesday.

Disclosing this, the Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi revealed that another man from the United Kingdom was also quarantined in addition to four children of the same family and their teacher who came from the United States.

Professor Abayomi stated that four children and their teacher were quarantined because they had contact with a Coronavirus patient.

The persons have been admitted into the isolation centre in Yaba two days ago to see if they would develop symptom of Coronavirus after they had contact with a patient.

According to the Prof. Abayomi, the first test had been conducted on them and that they tested negative, but added another test would be conducted within 48 hours for a final confirmation.
Meanwhile, Prof. Abayomi gave an update that the first index case the Italian was feeling very okay, but said he was still secreting the virus, adding that once he tested negative, another test would be conducted within two days for a second negative confirmation and that once that had been done, he would be released.

He however said that there was no specific treatment for Coronavirus, saying that most of the drugs being used were HIV drugs to reduce the virus from growing fast.

Professor Abayomi also said a man from the United Kingdom who had been quarantined would have test conducted on him today to ascertain his status.
He said the state government was carrying out regular tests on people to ascertain their Coronavirus status almost on daily basis.

The commissioner also informed that the government had established contact with the two people declared wanted, who were in the Turkish Airline with the index case, an Italian.

He said immediately after the announcement through the media about the two people declared wanted, people gave out their contacts and that they had been reached.

The Commissioner also expressed displeasure at the hoarding of sanitisers by some people saying that the Ministry of Health would soon roll out its sanitisers into the market.

Facebook Comments
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CaseFile is a communication company with the primary objective of reporting with emphasis on

judiciary,crime,security and defence as well as human rights.

Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved,
powered by Webdril

To Top